Silverwood Buys Deja Vu Roller Coaster

Uncategorized

Silverwood Opens Relocated Deja Vu Roller CoasterDeja Vu Roller Coaster - Six Flags
Six Flags Great America’s roller coaster named Deja Vu has been sold to Silverwood Theme Park in Athol, Idaho. Silverwood is also home to the Mitch Hawker Coaster Poll top rated wooden coaster Tremors.

Deja Vus are inverted shuttle roller coasters made by Vekoma. They feature 90-degree vertical lifts and large loops. I enjoyed the one I rode at Six Flags Over Georgia. The vertical lifts give the feeling of a free fall and the over-sized loops are noticeably larger than normal. Aside from the frequent downtime issues that plagued these coasters, guests at Silverwood should enjoy their new addition. So when it’s actually running, this a pretty fun coaster.

Silverwood’s holding a contest to give the coaster a new name. Click here to submit a name. Also, check out this video of Silverwood’s commercial for their new unnamed attraction:

Any Idahoans excited about this news? Leave a comment below. Image courtesy of CoasterImage.

1. Thanks for linking my video on your site! I'm darn sure excited for Aftershock, and I'm even more excited to be on it's crew (I work at the park). With any luck, I'll be apart of it's opening crew.

2. Oh my god…it gives me the shakes just looking at the video. I've been following up on this ride, and am so excited to see it come. But I just can't even imagine how intense this ride must be. I've never ridden on a coaster that you hang from, and 177 ft. straight down??!! Jesus….

3. My home park is SFGA, and I was sad to see that ride go. That said, I hardly got to ride it because it was closed 60% of the time. Maybe the folks at Silverwood will keep it running better. As for where Deja Vu used to be, I'm hoping for a B and M dive machine(!!!), though there is no reason to believe that's even being considered.

4. ride Acrophobia at Six Flags Over Georgia, 200 feet tall, and the seats tilt foward before you drop and stop about 15 feet from the ground.

5. I rode Acrophobia back in 2002. It was one of my first taller drop rides since I typically only ride roller coasters. It was fun.

6. As of August 2011, Silverwood claims that they've had almost no "down time" on Aftershock. They refurbished the trains after they bought it, had Vekoma technicians help them rebuild the ride, and Rocky Mountain Construction worked on the installation. I just rode it for the first time and it was running great, although it's not something you could marathon over and over. The freefall drops are incredible and most of the track was very smooth, unlike certain other Vekoma creations.