Ring°Racer Video | World’s Fastest Coaster

Roller Coaster News Theme Park News

New Ring°Racer Video Shows the World’s Fastest Coaster in ActionRing Racer - World's Fastest Roller Coaster
Finally, more images and a video has been posted on the S&S web site of the Ring°Racer coaster coming to Nürburgring in Germany. It’s called ‘F1 Coaster’ on their web site, but there’s little doubt that this an animated video of Ring°Racer. When it opens in June 2009, it will surpass Six Flags Great Adventure’s Kingda Ka which tops out at a blistering 128 mph. Ring°Racer will push the envelope even further with a top speed of 134 mph (217 km/h).

The world’s new fastest coaster will have an appropriate home. According to wikipedia, Nürburgring, known as simply “The Ring” by enthusiasts, is a motor sport race track in Nürburg, Germany. Like the infamous Autobahn it includes public access roads where anyone with a registered car can drive as fast as they want.

Ring°Racer Takes the Crown
This will be the first time that I can remember the Germans holding a major roller coaster world record. Unlike, the 1990’s, I doubt this will kick off another coaster arms race due to the state of the economy, but you never know. Kingda Ka will still hold the height record and is so insanely fast that I doubt Six Flags will blink. Besides, the general public that makes up the majority of the park’s patrons will have never heard of Ring°Racer.

Check out this POV video of the ring°racer at Nurburgring:

Ring°Racer’s Unbelievable Launch
The ride looks pretty short, but so are Cedar Point’s Top Thrill Dragster and Kingda Ka. Obviously, the real draw here is going to be that insane launch of 0 to 134 mph in only 2.5 seconds. Kingda Ka doesn’t reach its top speed until 3.5 seconds. The video can’t possibly do the launch justice, but it will likely become legendary. Well, at least until it’s surpassed by another record breaking roller coaster.

What do you think of this future top speed champ? Is it enough for you to hop on a plane to Germany? Any Germans out there excited for Ring°Racer? Leave a comment below.

1. I Don't know where this is. Anyways, I don't think it would probably be that fast.

2. They've already ran test runs. They said that its running perfectly so it does go that fast

3. this ride will be awesome !!!!!!=)

4. its almost impossible to find real information about this beast but from what i've heard theres some major flaws with the launch system and have haulted testing until they figure something out. haha…. i ride kingda ka a few times a month. its kinda boring in my opinion, El Toro is more of a rush to me.

5. OMG

I soooo dare my self to go on it!!! It looks sooo fun!!

6. Germans only made this just to beat our world record for fastest coaster. To make us more impressed, it needs to be 134 mph. for like 4-5 seconds, not .4-.5 seconds. And, it needs to have a much better track layout. I do not call Ring Racer a rollercoaster if it only has 1 tiny drop. It needs to have a few inversions, more turns, and needs to have a longer ride time. Still, I think Top Thrill Dragster can beat this.

• i know right

7. WEll, Kingda Ka was designed by the same guy who designed Top Thrill Dragster, so they technically didn't copy the idea.

8. I have never been outside of the US or Canada so I would enjoy going to Germany not only for this ride, (which looks awesome by the way), but also to see several WWII sites. I want to compare this ride to Kingda Ka and Top Thrill Dragster.

• don`t forget black mamba!

9. you americans need to get a grip!!! i rode kingda ka and found it rubbish and boring!! this new ride deserves the title so grow up and take the fact you've been beaten!!! and id rather ride stealth at thorpe park england than kingda ka!!!

• bullcrap! bullcrap! Bullcrap! imade it out of…

• I don't remember posting this? 🙁

• Hahaha, that just made my day 😀 I have to research this dumb coaster for science and I read all these comments. 🙂

10. the dragster and the kk is much betterthan the ring racer it least cedar point is the best park in the country and so is six flags

11. grow up its just a roller coaster and the kingda ka is fun your just sayin that becaus your jelous of the kingda ka

12. Is Ring Racer actually operational ?

I can't find any details.

13. I remember reading somewhere that it had so many problems that they delayed the opening… good news for me because then furius baco will be the fastest in europe a little longer 😀