Roller Coaster Accident Injures 11 Children in New York City

Roller Coaster News

dragon_wagonOn Sunday, a kiddie roller coaster known as a Dragon Wagon tipped over injuring 11 children at a New York Church Festival in the Bronx. The Wisdom Rides Dragon Wagon is a portable roller coaster that seems to be using a trailer as its base or station. Some smaller parks have permanently installed the ride. Below, I inserted an overhead shot of a Dragon Wagon at the Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch. You can see that the entire ride.

A Dragon Wagon at the Neverland Ranch

An investigation is underway to figure out what caused the accident. Obviously, the supports will be the first place they’ll look. It looks like the permanent installments have supports that have been concreted to a slab that it sits on. I couldn’t find a great picture of other installations, but whatever the portable versions are held in place with didn’t do their job.

Luckily, no one was seriously injured or killed in the incident. The New York Daily News reported that the children only suffered minor injuries. I’m sure the parents were hysterical (as I would be). Again, another reason why I’m not big on carnival rides. I have more faith in permanent structures than rides that are constantly moved and reassembled.

What do you think of this roller coaster accident? Leave a comment below.

1. Wow! Scary Stuff! My kids just rode that same ride Tuesday night at a carnival!

2. Wow a roller coaster tipping over. Now really, that would be the last way i would expect a roller coaster to cause injuries

3. Yikes! That was one of the first coasters my son ever went on and he loved it. I have to admit that I'm also a bit nervous when it comes to carnival rides myself. Seems it's so expensive to just try to take three kids to a carnival and have them be able to ride anything anymore…so we try to stick to the big parks!

4. i went on that roller coaster one time still fit in that ride but after that ride it one year was never going back on it as the person who run the ride made go so fast that me and the other kids were going fall off that ride ! been kiddie roller coasters way fun then this one !

5. i never been on that ride but it sounds dangerous

6. I think that all the children that went on the ride are all stupid!!!!!!!!!!!