General Site & Web Updates

Coaster Critic Updates Theme Park News

It’s been a while since I’ve done a post about some general site and Web updates.

On In the Loop Podcast for Intimidator Talk
In The LoopAfter Carowinds announced Intimidator for 2010, I was invited to join the In the Loop Podcast to discuss the new ride with the hosts and Danielle Swords, Public Relations Manager from Carowinds. I had fun doing it even though it was hard to know when to talk because we couldn’t see each other. It’s a show for grown ups and there is some adult language, so I won’t link to it here. But, you can find it at Blog Talk Radio. It’s the September 1st episode.

Williamsburg-Yorktown News Article on Busch Sale
When the Busch-Blackstone deal was announced, I was interviewed for my take on the story by the Williamsburg-Yorktown Daily News. Read the full article here: “Relief, Enthusiasm Over Busch Gardens Sale”

A Groundbreaking, Earth Shattering, Jaw Dropping New Endeavor
You may have noticed the ‘Help Wanted’ links on the site. I’m still looking for help from anyone who would like to work on a new theme park news site. There’s nothing like it on the Web (at least in the theme park world) and I’m really excited to launch it. If you like to stay on top of the latest theme park news and like to write, go here to learn more.

The Coaster Critic on TwitterI was skeptical at first, but I’ve enjoyed using Twitter this year. Sometimes, I don’t have time for a new post and it’s a great tool to share my thoughts on things or share cool links/tweets from others. It’s also been fun tweeting micro reviews during my theme park trips this year. Every once in a while I sneak in some non-theme park related tweets. Like my new found appreciation for Hall & Oates “I Can’t Go For That.” I currently have over 290 followers. Help me break 300! Follow me on Twitter.

Be a Good Commenter
I’ve never posted an official policy on comments, but I’ll be working on a few new disclosure/policy pages this winter. Until then, here are a few simple guidelines. No swearing. No personal attacks. Make sure your comment is about the post. And do not post as different people. Follow these simple rules and I’ll approve your comment. For the most part everyone does a good job of following the rules and I love all of the interaction and discussion.

Got any general feedback on the site or these updates? Leave a comment below.

1. great idea with the sidebar thing, its realy useful.

2. You just got 300 followers.

3. 5 days to the 11-9-9 anouncment CC, serioiusly, do you know anything about it, and if so, how would it make a change to the site.

4. Yep Tom, I broke 300. Thanks to those who answered the call.

QB3, I can't reveal anything just yet. 4 more days and you'll get all the details…

5. is it coaster or site related.

6. a big coaster, theme park review page, and tickets to go with you 2 carowinds

7. Do you mean coaster and site as in this is a coaster site or dose a theme park have news you know about and theyre going to unviel at the time that you are going to update the site. as in, you chose to update the site and a theme park chose to tell everyone some news on the same day.

or do you mean something else…

8. CC, is there a way for you to get to an article easier without hoping there's a comment on the article on the sidebar? Just a thought.

9. CFC, what type of article are you looking for? There's the search box and the second row of navigation across the top that categorizes the posts.

Quil, you'll know everything in just a few days. Even sooner if you're Facebook fan or Twitter follower. I'm giving them the big reveal a little earlier. Just so you know the post will be up early Monday morning. One of your guesses is pretty close. That's all I can say.

10. I'm just talking about various places on the the site. Just a way to get around faster. Is there any way you could do that? That would help, since my computer is SLOW.

11. Sorry, CC. Just to clear things up, when GroovyDude asked about the "Your comment is awaiting moderation" sentence, that was really me. I just didn't want to look like an idiot. And I didn't read the part on this article about Be A Good Commenter until just now. Sorry for that.

12. i thought the groovydude thing was someone who was just joking around, i mean like pretend your a hippie. just like a joke.

13. It was, sort of. I was trying to find out something and make a joke. There was a method to my madness. Ha!

14. CC, what happened to the discussion page? Why did you take it down?

• He moved it here http://www.thecoastercritic.com/forum

Now we have LOTS of space for discussions and we can keep them organized by topic so people don't get confused. Go check it out. We need more contributors!

• Yes, but now no one's using the forum anymore.

• It wasn't working with the upgrades I did to the site. But like Judy pointed out the Forum is better anyway as it's better organized. Let me know if you need something from discussion page.

• Oh that's okay. I was just wondering what happened to it. I mean, have you ever heard of the phrase "Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow"? That what the discussion page felt like.

• yeah, it wasn`t up for too long.