Busch Gardens Tampa’s Cheetah Hunt is Coming Together

Roller Coaster News

Cheetah Hunt is Coming Together
How about some construction photos to help you get through the coaster-less winter months? Busch Gardens Tampa’s Cheetah Hunt is taking shape. Once again Busch is adding another world-class custom built roller coaster. This time Cheetah Hunt looks to provide a thrilling multi-launch experience akin to the speedy beast that its named after. Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens TampaCheetah Hunt’s most unique element is this figure eight section 100 feet in the air. Without a traditional lift hill, this will be the ride’s signature peak rising above the park’s African themed atmosphere. Read more about Cheetah Hunt.

See more construction photos at:
RCPro
Theme Park Review
Orlando United
SeaWorld Parks Blog
& Johnny Upside Down

In case you missed it or want to watch it again, here’s that animated on-ride POV video of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa:

Visit Busch Gardens Tampa’s official Cheetah Hunt page.

How do you think Cheetah Hunt looks so far? Leave a comment below. Image courtesy of JohnnyUpsideDown.

1. As I said before, this ride looks amazing.

2. It needs a better name. Ooh, I'm going to hunt cheeetas! No, i prefer one of the teased names like Cheetaka.

• Yeah. Lance from ScreamScape said that he had to explain to his son that the ride isn't about hunting cheetahs. Cheetaka definitely goes better the park's other names like Kumba, SheiKra, Montu and Gwazi. I wonder if it has something to do with the new ownership. The proposed names for the 2012 BGW coaster were kind of blah too. I smell a 'What's in a Name? Part 3' post coming together….

• I saw Lance had come up with "Cheese Whiz: the ride" as a better name.

3. Love this pic! This coaster might finally give me and my parents a reason to head down to BG. Honestly, the weird thing about this feature is not only the 100 something foot hill on a Maverick style coaster, but the figure 8 that leads to the following drop is even more unique. But what really interests me is the support structure holding the segments up. It's kinda like a tiki torch holder… Has anyone ever seen that support structure before? If so, I'm all ears.

• The supports being built into the theme of the coaster is something I don't believe has ever been done before. It's unique, so I'm all for it.

By the way, did you know that Gwazi will reopen on January 26, with brand new Millennium Flyer trains?

• I heard about the Gwazi trains. Thanks for sharing.

I just hope that they run both sides again. And of course that it runs A LOT smoother. More train photos here: http://www.seaworldparksblog.com/gwazi-opens-new-

• I think they did something similar to the supports of Expedition Everest, and I think it's the same for most Disney rides.

• That structure is really cool. It makes me think that it symbolizes an African tree in the plains that a cheetah might climb. Whatever the purpose, it's definitely different.

• I agree that's the feel they were shooting for, although in reality Cheetah's rarely climb trees. But the general public doesn't have to know that! Also, am I the only one that the trick-track section in the Rhino Rally trench reminds of Simba running through the gorge during the stampede part of The Lion King?

• Yep. Definiteley a Lion King scene.

4. I think that first tall element is a work-of-art in itself.

5. This ride looks sick I can't wait to go on it.

6. I remember going on Rhino Rally during early summer last year. One of the ride attendants told me and my friends that the new coaster was going to be another Dive Machine over 300 ft. tall with three different dives of various heights. She also said it would be the tallest, fastest, and longest coaster in Florida. Needless to say, I'm glad she was wrong.

• Your comment just inspired me to do a post on theme park rumors. It's pretty funny how you hear things that never come to be. Sometimes there could be some truth to them, but other times I think people make things up just to entertain themselves.

• I think that would be an excellent post. The same thing is happening right now about BGE's new coaster. It seems logical to think it will be similiar to BGT's coaster since that is the Busch tradition but apparently according to inside "sources" it was said to employees that the new ride will be 300ft and have a piece of track that tilts from horizontal to vertical to launch the coaster. I don't know if any of this is true but I've seen a debate on a busch fan site.