Quassy’s Wooden Warrior Opens with Timberliners

Roller Coaster News

Middlebury, Connecticut’s Quassy Amusement Park is now home to another Gravity Group creation. This time out, they’ve reached in their proverbial bag of tricks and produced a family wooden coaster.
Wooden Warrior at Quassy
Perhaps the most interesting thing about Wooden Warrior is that we’re now able to see those potentially game changing timberliner trains in action. I’d love to hear some reviews of how people liked the trains.

SFNE Online often covers other New England parks. Some fans are giving their feedback here and here. There’s mention of a “few pops of air” and its referred to as a bit more than a junior woodie.” So, while it’s small, it does seem to be satisfying.

Here’s a POV video of Quassy’s Wooden Warrior:

Note – These videos were filmed by professionals with permission from the park. For safety reasons, please DO NOT take a camera on a roller coaster.

Have you ridden Wooden Warrior? What did you think? Leave a comment below. Image courtesy of The Gravity Group.

1. It looks like fun, even though mild. Then again, that's the point of the ride. It looks like it would be a good addition to any park.

2. Looks fun, and the general idea of the coaster reminds me of the Raven at Holiday World. Mild, but fun, with mild airtime.

3. I agree. We've learned over the past decade that a good coaster doesn't always have to be huge. Would love to give it a dozen tries or so.

4. The first Timberliners in the U.S.! Or did Voyage come first? When i was at Mt. Olympus last month, I suggested Timberliners to help ease complaints about Hades. It would bring a lot of riders there.

5. I just happened to be in the area at the end of May and spent half an hour in the park to ride this baby 9 times 🙂

The coaster completely gets the absolute maximum out of it's size. They couldn't possibly have packed more fun into this small coaster. Fab.

The train (there's only one) steers pretty nicely although you can feel some imperfections in the track. The seats are really comfy though, even better than Millennium Flyers, and the restrains are really nice too. They could, however, be limiting for people with more girt.

6. I was just at Holiday World, and for some reason they still are not running Timberliners on the Voyage. It was painfully rough, and still one of the most intense rides out there. Does anyone know what the timeline is for the Voyage running Timberliners? It could really solve the violent nature of that ride.

7. Today, I took my first ride on the Wooden Warrior at Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury, CT.

I rode it 11 times! It was awesome. I'm a 42-year old roller coaster rider (LOVE LOVE LOVE 'EM – been to Kings Dominion too!). Today, I took my 15 and 11 year old nieces and my 7 and a half year old son.

For all of them, this was their first roller coaster ride (aside from some kiddie coasters at carnivals). The all loved it and rode it 11 times with me. It is fast and feels out of control. The tunnel is on a tight turn so when you go into the tunnel you cannot see daylight on the other side.

The ride is over quickly but we were fortunate that there were NO LINES and we could stay on or move up or back in the train as we wanted.

We are going back in 2 weeks and are looking forward to riding it again.

8. This ride is great I rode it and it packs a massive punch for such a small ride. I rank it amongst coasters 5 times its size! It has soo much airtime (ejector) and its got great pacing. Its just so fast feeling the whole coaster and it doesnt let up. Plus its got a steep great first drop that lifts your butt out of your seat in every row! Oh and the tunnel is very effective.

9. Older age and roller coasters sometimes are a questionable mix. Being 67 and loving coasters I have to admit the Warrior is one minute of re-rideable coaster brillance. No one can imagine the fun factor for old and young alike by just looking at it. Once over the top it is a hilarious bucking bronco! Honestly- the double dip Kennywood Jackrabbit thrill times 5 or 6 with mere seconds in between. The Timberliners are well thought out and accomodate riders of all sizes. The only downside is that this is a one train operation and I can vision long ride waits due to the well deserved popularity.

10. The ride looks nice aside from the Timberliner trains which look AWFUL, they look nothing like a wooden coaster car should look like, and the restraints seem like overkill, the only reason that I'd ever want anything beyond a lap bar on a woodie is if RMC makes a massive 4-8 inversion wooden masterpiece or if it would have a 90+ degree drop, as well. I showed a picture of Timberliners to two of my friends and one described them as a mutated go kart and the other thought that they were ugly, so I'm not alone in my opinion, Timberliners should have never been built in the first place,