Is Knott’s Berry Farm Adding a Hyper or Giga Coaster?

(You)Reports

Diamondback - Kings IslandRumors of a Hyper/Giga Roller Coaster for Knott’s Berry Farm Resurface as the Park Clears Land
According to a recent Screamscape update about Knotts Berry Farm’s yearly Halloween event Knotts Scary Farm, land has been cleared to build a rumored mega/hyper coaster. Again, just a rumor, but cross your fingers.

Supporting Link: Screamscape

This (You)Report was submitted by Marcos

What do you think of this rumor? How does a hyper coaster for Knott’s sound to you? Leave a comment below. Image courtesy of CoasterImage.

1. Cool. I might be going to Knotts in 2013, hopefully it is open. And by the way, silver bullet and Xcelerator are both taller than 70 ft(SB is 146, XCL is 205) and are complete curcuit steel coasters, so i dont know what youre saying about 70 ft.

• Hey it's Marcos i wrote this article. I made a mistake by not mentioning that any rollercoaster at knotts was not bigger that 70ft but i meant by chain lift(not including silver bullet)

2. A hyper or giga coaster is the only coaster that Knott's is missing from their coaster lineup. I know it's just a rumor, but I'm really hoping it's true. And I don't understand when you said "This would be the first steel complete circuit coaster to exceed 70 ft in height." Like Matt said, both Silver Bullet and Xcelerator are over that.

3. I should have caught that, but this was a (You) Report submitted by Marcos. I'm not sure what he meant, but it sounds like an error to me. You're both right there are definitely already steal coasters taller than that right now. I'll edit it.

4. I think its possible, Screamscape also reported that B&M track was seen going by WOF southbound. If I remember correctly, the track color was red and yellow, like the Hair Raiser floorless going up in China (should be open soon).

5. I've got my fingers crossed, they're over due for a big new attraction and the competition is fierce next year. If they don't build something like a hyper/giga I'll definately skip Knott's in favor of pretty much everyone else next season.

6. Silver Bullet, xcelerator and (perhaps) a diamondback clone would be an amazing line up of HQ coasters

7. A 7,000 foot B&M 4th Dimension Roller Coaster that launches at 300 mph! That's my guess right there.

8. hopefully there is.I love hyper coaster like the Nitro, diamondback, silver star and many more!

9. where do they have room for it?

10. Amazing things here. I am very glad to see your article.
    Thanks a lot and I am taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?