2013 Theme Park Trips – Where Are You Going?

Coaster Questions

The 2013 theme park season is almost here. I’m sure that many of you already have plans. Or you’re starting to draw red circles around theme parks on your huge wall map of the U.S. Or maybe that’s just me?

Just as I did last year, I’d like to ask where you’re going this year. Which of the exciting 2013 roller coasters have sparked your interest enough to make a long distance trip? Will you be returning to your home park or skipping it this year? I’ll go into my plans in another post, but first let’s hear from you.

List the parks that you’re targeting and which of them will be first time visits. And, let us know if you have any travel questions or are weighing a couple of different trip ideas. It could help to get some other opinions. Leave your 2013 plans below and vote in this poll.Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

1. Ok, my original comment from 3 days ago hasn't shown up. So here's what we're doing this year. Coming over from Australia & visiting:
    – Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (new)
    – Six Flags Magic Mountain (last visited 2005)
    – Universal Studios Hollywood (last visited 2005)
    – Cedar Point (last visited 2007)
    – Kennywood (new)
    – Six Flags Great adventure (maybe – new)
    Can't wait to get back on some decent rollercoasters!!

• Sorry about that. I've been super busy. I wish that I could set the site to auto approve for all commenters, but you'd be surprised the kinds of comments that I have to delete before they're seen.

You should definitely get Great Adventure into your trip if you can. Wow! To have SFMM, Cedar Point, and SFGADV in one trip would be quite a line up. And then you'd still get Kennywood for a completely different feel. Have fun!

• Thanks for that! It was more that I did the main post, then added Universal Studios after. The 2nd post showed up so it didn't make any sense when I said "Oh, I forgot Universal Studios". We're getting season passes for Six Flags so we can go multiple days at Magic Mountain, so if we can get to Great Adventure we definately will!!

• Have revised our trip slightly & have decided that seeing as we can’t fit Six Flags Great Adventure in, we’ll drive to Kings Island after Cedar Point. Really looking forward to riding The Beast.

2. Going to some parks in my home country.. the netherlands..
    A second visit to europa park in germany..
    And going to florida U.S. to visit all themeparks there for the first time.

3. Universal/Islands of Adventure (homepark)
    Sea World (homepark)
    Busch Gardens (homepark)

I didn’t renew my Universal pass this year but will probably get another one once Transformers opens. Also planned on waiting for Antarctica to open before canceling my Seaworld/BG pass.

Also will be doing another coaster trip this summer. The wife and I are getting Six Flags passes and hitting up:

Six Flags Great America
    Six Flags Over Georgia
    Dollywood (Will drive up from ATL)
    Six Flags Magic Mountain

I really want to ride Bizarro at SFNE but hard to justify going up there essentially for one coaster. Perhaps I’ll combine that with a trip to NYC for the wifey to make it worth her while (although I’d probably throw in a trip to SFGAdv for another ride on El Toro ;)). Still wanna do the Texas SF parks as well so, maybe that’s a 2014 trip? Trying to knock them all out before the babies start coming!

4. Carowinds ( old)
    Cedar point ( new )
    Kings island ( old )

5. Going to dorney park, six flags great adventure, and knoebels (all have visited before). As for new parks, I will be visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry farm. Also, I am debating on visiting dollywood, six flags fiesta texas, or universal orlando on a separate trip.

6. Cedar Point (home park)
    Universal Studios in FL. (Never been there)

I would like to go back down to Missouri and ride outlaw run, but I can't afford that.

7. Just got back from a Florida trip that included all four Disney parks and both Universal as well as a stop at the Fun Spot in Kissimmee for the Power Trip credit. Also heading to St. Louis in April to revisit Six Flags St. Louis for the first time in several years (looking forward to American Thunder and Pandemonium as new credits), and driving out to Silver Dollar City (new park) for Outlaw Run. It’s becoming a bit of an annual tradition to head to the Disneyland Resort in September/October, just instead of hitting up Universal Studios Hollywood and SeaWorld like last year, switching things up a bit with Knott’s and SFMM instead to check out the new coasters.

other than that

-Wild Waves (home park)
    -Silverwood (home-ish park)
    -Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (old)
    -California’s Great America (old)
    -Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (old)

and possibly
    -Six Flags Fiesta Texas (new)
    -SeaWorld Texas (new)
    -Six Flags Great America (new)
    -Bay Beach (new)
    -Wisconsin Dells area (new)

bring on the year of the inverting woodie!

8. Michigan Adventures (Home)
    Cedar Point
    Kings Island (New)
    Canada's Wonderland (New)

9. Cedar Point (Home park)
    Hershey Park
    Kings Island
    Possibly Holiday World
    Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens Williamsburg in the same trip
    and possibly a couple more if possible

10. A friend and I are doing two trips:
    Trip 1
    Six Flags St Louis (old)
    Worlds of Fun (old)
    Silver Dollar City (New)
    Frontier City (New)
    Six Flags Over Texas (New)
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas (New)
    Sea World San Antonio (New)

Trip 2 Coaster Con:
    Quassy (New)
    Lake Compounce (New)
    Rye Playland (New)
    Six Flags New England (old)
    Six Flags La Ronde (New)
    Sx Flags Great Escape (New)
    Canobie Lake Park (New)
    Palace Playland (New)
    Funtown/Splashtown (New)

11. Definatly going to be trying out the iron rattler in sfft being the closest park to houston …which by the way needs one badly !