POV Monday | Maverick at Cedar Point

Roller Coaster Videos Theme Park Fun

Maverick at Cedar PointCedar Point’s Maverick is high on my most wanted roller coasters list. While I’ve been to the park, it was years before Maverick was built.

Video Highlight
The second launch looks like it would be quite exhilarating. Blasting back out into daylight and back into the madness of Maverick’s twisted course is probably a lot of fun.

Guest reviewer, Aric, thought very highly of the ride; giving it a rare 10 out of 10. Read his Maverick at Cedar Point review.

Check out this video of Maverick at Cedar Point:

Note – This video was shot by professionals. For safety reasons, please DO NOT film while riding a roller coaster without permission from the park.

Have you ridden Maverick? What did you think? Leave a comment below. Image courtesy of CoasterImage.

1. This ride is at the very top of my wanted list. I’m a huge fan of snappy, terrain hugging coasters like Maverick

2. My favorite coaster!
    The video is cool but does her no justice. I could go on and on but that would also do her no justice… You must ride it to understand!
    I bet that when you ride it we will get a random future post from you Joel…

• That’s quite possible Dru. Speaking of random future posts, I’ll be going to Hersheypark in June to speak at iRetreat. I may be inspired by finally getting to ride Skyrush and Fahrenheit. So there’s a chance I’ll have something on the blog about them at some point in the future. No promises of course. The best way to get one of those random posts would be to subscribe to my posts via email. That way you’ll get them in your inbox and won’t have to check the site.

3. I wouldn’t give Maverick a 10 and certainly don’t think that it’s better than Millennium Force but I WOULD give it a 9. This is undeniably the wildest and craziest coaster I’ve ever ridden. However, because it’s on the rough side, I would hesitate to sit anywhere other than the front – although as it turns out, I wouldn’t have gotten stuck on the lift hill after a rollback had I not insisted on sitting in the front. When I first rode Maverick, the ride ops were making an effort to pair single riders with other single riders and the guy with whom they paired me insisted on sitting in the back. I knew that it was going to be a rough ride so I said no way and waited for another train, thereby falling victim to a rollback. Apart from that, it was a great experience and Maverick is going to be with me for a long time because I recently had the Maverick logo tattooed on one leg.

4. 3rd fave after el toro and skyrush

5. Loved Maverick in 2007, but rode again in 2013 and found it way too rough. Didn’t really enjoy it as I was concentrating on protecting my neck!

6. I am a regular at Cedar Point and I can say Maverick has a rough side. But is still an a amazing ride. If you lean in to the turn and hold on it still runs great. It is still one of my favorite rides at Cedar Point.

7. This is my number one ride. Joel you MUST ride this before you shut down the blog and tell us what you think! Fahrenheit is up there for me too.

8. Hey Joel. I haven’t visited your site in a while, and I am saddened to hear it is coming to an end. I do think it is cool that you are posting much more often leading up to your “retirement”. Thanks for all the great years Joel, I can say with confidence that your blog has had the most detailed, entertaining, and helpful coaster reviews of any site I’ve visited. Anyway, I’ve ridden maverick back in 2009 and am going to ride it again when I revisit cedar point this year. I think you will like it a lot. For me, it completely shocked me because I hadn’t read anything about it before riding it. I was surprised at how thrilling this small coaster was. I highly recommend it. Good luck in your future endeavors Joel!