What Are Your Theme Park Traditions?

Theme Park Fun

It seems like most people have a theme park tradition of some sort. Each visit would be incomplete if they didn’t keep their ritual or streak involving a certain activity or ride or food.

For me, no trip would be complete without grabbing some cotton candy for my wife. As I’ve said in the past, I’m expected to have cotton candy in hand when I return from my theme park trips.

So, if I’m on a solo trip somewhere on the other side of the country, my long trip home begins with a quest to find cotton candy. Then, it’s to the rental car, airport, etc. And of course during family trips, we’re on the lookout for this sticky treat so we can grab some as we leave the park.

What Collectibles, Games, First / Last Rides, or Favorite Treats Do You Always Enjoy?

Maybe there’s a treat that you always eat or a souvenir that you collect each year. Some always begin or end their day with a certain ride or roller coaster.

Let us know. What’s your theme park tradition? What do you always do, buy, ride, or eat? Leave a comment below.

1. Riding the major coaster at the park, and buying stuff from the park.

• That’s pretty much what I focus on, while my Seasoned Pros podcast co-hosts keep reminding me that there’s more at theme parks than roller coasters. They’ll always be the main attraction for me.

• Yeah.

2. I realized that my mixes would be another tradition. If I’m visiting a new park, I’ll have a mix of music (especially new music) for my trip to the park. I think my goal is so when I hear the music in the future it’ll remind me of that trip.

3. I always go to Kings Dominion on Mother’s Day. I am not a mother, by the way. Why do I do this? The weather is usually perfect: not too hot and not too cold. There aren’t a lot of people, because who goes to a theme park on Mother’s Day? And the people there are the kind of people who would go to a theme park on Mother’s Day.

When I go to Hershey Park, as I am leaving I get a box of caramel corn and a box of cheese corn and I have the world’s best Chicago Mix for days.

4. At the end of the day, after rides have closed, my wife and I browse the entry plaza souvenir places and then get ice cream. Ice cream at the end of the day is a big tradition or ritual for us.

• Thanks for staritng the ball rolling with this insight.

5. Haven’t been to Six Flags Over Georgia in almost 2 years. Every time I go there, I like riding my all-time favorite coaster Mind Bender, and riding in the very front. Other rides and attractions there are good. I don’t care to ride Ninja or Splash Waterfalls, or the upcharge attractions. Love to eat funnel cake.

• That saves me. Thanks for being so sesinble!

6. No theme park visit is complete without waiting till the last minute before closing to get an extra park map and funnel cakes

7. Full of salient points. Don’t stop beeilving or writing!