How Will SeaWorld’s Mako Roller Coaster Measure Up?

Editorials and Rants

Earlier this year, SeaWorld announced Mako, a new roller coaster that’ll open in 2016. It’ll be a 200-foot tall hyper coaster, reaching speeds of 75 mph. Mako’s stature and size will make it Orlando’s tallest, longest and fastest roller coaster.

Here’s a POV video of Mako at SeaWorld:

For me, there’s no question that this will be a solid roller coaster. Bolliger & Mabillard’s track records is impeccable. And, they’ve worked with SeaWorld on a number of roller coasters including the popular Kraken and Manta roller coasters.

How Will Mako Be Received?

So, I have no doubt that it’ll be a good (probably great) roller coaster. But, in the competitive thrill-packed landscape of Orlando, will a roller coaster like Mako, register with tourists and boost attendance?

Will height, airtime, and high-quality theming be enough when you’ve got on-ride sound systems, heavily themed indoor rides, and 4D attractions at area parks. I hope so, as I can definitely appreciate an adventurous out and back roller coaster from my favorite steel coaster designers (B&M). If I were SeaWorld, I’d continue to hype up the height angle. Superlatives always do well to get attention.

Are you excited for Mako? How do you think it looks? Leave a comment and let us know what you think.

1. I think this will be a great ride! I have ridden Apollo’s Chariot and Diamondback. I loved them both. I placed them in my top 5 (Apollo places at my #2 overall, just behind The Voyage, still #1 steel!) Joel do you think it will be as good as Apollo’s Chariot?

• Apollo’s Chariot is one of my all-time favorite roller coasters. I don’t think Mako will be as good as AC, but maybe it’ll be at the level of Goliath at SFOG, which is a great roller coaster.

• I’d say it will be on the equal to ac.

2. Personally, I’m excited to ride Mako and think it’s a great addition to Orlando. I do wonder if it will make a huge dent for Sea World given that market, however. It’s a strong move, but they’re still facing an uphill battle.

3. Mako looks like it ought to be a promising coaster. The design and color scheme aren’t too bad. The only thing I could picture different would’ve been if a helix element had been added at a midway point in the ride or before the brake run going in the station. Otherwise, I see Mako being a stand-out coaster for Orlando… hopefully this indicating that SeaWorld means business. Hopefully a review of Busch Gardens Tampa’s Cobra’s Curse is in the works.

4. SeaWorld Orlando will debut a shark-inspired roller coaster named Mako next summer that will have a top speed of 73 mph and a drop from 200 feet the fastest, tallest, longest thrill ride in Central Florida, the theme park said Wednesday. A preview of SeaWorld Orlando’s ‘Mako,’ a 200-foot-tall roller coaster planned for Summer 2016 that will be nearly a mile long and that will reach speeds of 73 mph, making it the tallest, longest, fastest coaster among central Florida’s theme parks.

5. Even though i love readnig your day dreaming fridays, this is my first link up! I love your spring break for your children, its going to be a good sleeping nights kind of vacation!! Cant wait to hear how much they loves it all!

6. The best part is that everyone will be drawn to the other side of the park. This means lines for Kraken will be short!

7. Hi my name is Denise and I just wanted to drop you a quick note here instead of calling you. I came to your How Will SeaWorld’s Mako Roller Coaster Measure Up? – The Coaster Critic page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a successful website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. There is a company that you can get targeted traffic from and they let you try the service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my website. Check it out here: http://url.laspas.gr/aj

• Hey Denise, since you have his phone number, please don’t take the trouble to spam his website. It’s great that you “came to his How Will SeaWorld’s Mako Roller Coaster Measure Up? – The Coaster Critic page and noticed that he could have a lot more traffic.” Hey, thanks for sharing that obvious fact. “There is a company” you should have said “I made a company” and “I got 300 targeted visitors to day to my website THROUGH SPAMMING”. This is painful.