Stinger to Debut at Dorney in 2012

Roller Coaster News

Dorney Park Announces Stinger for 2012
Stinger Coming to Dorney Park in 2012 Roller CoasterLast week, Dorney Park confirmed the rumors of their new coaster for 2012 with the announcement of Stinger. The Allentown, PA park will be receiving California Great America’s Invertigo. It’s an inverted Vekoma shuttle coaster providing three inversions that riders will experience forward and then backward. The train’s seats are turned around so that riders in the middle of the train will face each other.

I’m sure that some Dorney fans would have preferred something a little bit larger, but at least the park is still growing. That’s a good sign no matter how you look at it. All parks need a good supporting cast for those larger main attractions like Hydra and Steel Force. And as I said in my recent Photo of the Week post, hopefully Vekoma and Cedar Fair have figured out the issues that has caused this coaster model trouble in the past.

NewsPlusNotes has coverage from the Stinger Media Day. You can also visit the park’s Stinger page for more information. And visit my 2012 roller coasters page for more new rides debuting next year.

What do you think of Stinger? Leave a comment below or vote in this first impression poll. Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Go to Goliath at Six Flags New England

2012 Roller Coasters

2012 Roller Coasters Page

1. Anyone else think these things should all be
    taken down?

• I do I do. Hate em.

2. If it gets new restraints it'll make a fairly fun ride even better, I just still feel it sucks Dorney continues to get used rides and CGA continues to lose it's better coasters without apparent replacement. I'm hoping they announce a solid replacement for it soon.

3. The track color looks nice. The ride looks, well, like an inverted boomerang. I just hope this ride is smooth, cause i know most Vekomas arent. I am glad they didnt keep the invertigo name because I wanted to see what Dorney would name something like this. I like the new name, but I think Scorpion would have been a better name. I hope Dorney gets something thrilling and brand new(not relocated) in the next few years. Like an indoor coaster, or a huss giant frisbee and replace revolution with it, or a windseeker, or something.

4. Technically this coaster will break a record. Most inverted coasters in one park. I wish more non-shuttle coasters had backwards going trains. I loved SDC's Thunderation in reverse more than forward.

5. NOT impressed with this either. Not really a fan of recycled coasters unless they are innovative and decent. This is an old concept ride and frankly I hear they arent even that great. I bet the dejavus are much better. I give no kudos for Dorney Park. 🙁 -1

6. Glad Dorney is still gettin coasters to grow. Wow this is what dorneys #3 leg dangler?? will this make them the inverted style coaster capital of the world?? or better yet the no floor coaster capital of the world if you include hydra.. LOL. good for dorney though. Glad they getting rides to expand instead of dispand. lol. does anyone else get the feeling CGA will be closing its doors in the next few years… i mean the noise complaints, city growing around them, dropping coasters like members of destiny's child. lol. im just saying. sucks because i wont get to finally visit the park till 2013 for 1st time ever and it looks like i'll want to cross it off my list as a waste of money while im in Cali.